I love avocados! I am currently eating them in salads, on toast and in guacamole. I decided to try them in brownies as I’d heard that they can be used to make your brownies nice and creamy. This avocado brownies recipe turned out so well. They are absolutely delicious.
100g dark chocolate (70% or more)
2 tsp coconut oil
2 ripe avocados
1/2 cup stevia
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados and add to a food processor.
- Next add eggs, stevia, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, then vanilla extract.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil mixture to the food processor.
- Blitz until it comes together in a batter texture.
- Pour into a brownie tin lined with grease-proof paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- At this stage you can top your brownies with anything you like! I melted some more chocolate and drizzled it on. I then sprinkled them with crushed pecan nuts.
Please try this avocado brownies recipe ! You will not regret it! If you do make them please leave any thoughts in the comments section below.