As a nutritional therapist, I believe that personalised preventive care is of the utmost importance in helping people achieve their health goals. My education and training in using food for health and healing has enabled me to incorporate a patient-centred approach that is tailored to the unique needs of those who seek my help and advice.
The primary focus of my nutritional therapy practice is to enable the body to restore optimal health and function. Attitudes, and motivations can all play a major role in overall wellness. Because of this I examine the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of all of my patients in order to make a more holistic and accurate assessment of their needs. I work in partnership with my patients in an atmosphere of trust and confidentiality which builds a productive relationship on the journey to better health.
Who do I treat?
Nutritional therapy promotes health and healing for many conditions. It can improve the quality of your life once and for all. Is it time for you to begin a customised nutrition program that will be created, delivered and implemented to suit you? If so, begin your healing now. Do not suffer with sickness, tiredness or pain any longer.
I can help you if you:
- Suffer from symptoms of ill health, including IBS, skin disorders, chronic fatigue, depression and anxiety
- Want to increase and optimise your energy levels
- Would like to increase your sports performance
- Are keen to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight
One to One Consultations:
Before your initial consultation you will be asked to complete a detailed health, nutrition and lifestyle questionnaire. The information that you provide allows me to prepare for your consultation in advance, maximising the time available in the actual consultation for issues of concern.
The initial consultation, which typically lasts 60-75 minutes includes:
- A comprehensive nutrition assessment
- An assessment of your life story including general health, medical history, current health concerns, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, along with stress levels, psychological and emotional factors and dietary and exercise habits
- Realistic goals, expectations, strengths and weaknesses identified
- Functional testing and supplementation may be recommended when necessary.
A follow up consultation includes:
- Assessment of progress to date
- Review of functional testing, if appropriate
- Review of current dietary intake
- Reassessment of nutrition
- Recommendations/Adjustments for improving diet and reaching health goals.
The number and frequency of follow up visits depends on many factors and will vary greatly. Every patient is treated uniquely and each appointment and recommendation is customised to your specific needs. At the end of your initial consultation, recommendations will be made regarding both when and how often you should have follow up appointments.
Before embarking on a nutritional therapy programme, you should always consult your primary healthcare team about any health concerns that you may have.